86-0311-68015506 ; 86-15032065295
Daily maintenance of lower limb prosthesis
Lower limb amputees need to wear the prosthesis frequently. In order to maintain the normal function of lower limb prosthesis, use defecation and extend the service life, the following maintenance items should be paid attention to daily:
1. Maintenance of receiving cavity
(1) Keep the receiving cavity clean. The suction receiving cavity is in direct contact with the skin. If the receiving cavity is unclean, it will increase the risk of skin infection of the stump. Therefore, amputees should be wiped clean before going to bed every night. It can be wiped with a towel soaked in light soapy water and then dried naturally.
(2) The lining and pad in the receiving cavity are often soaked by sweat, which will produce odor after adhering to the dirt. It is necessary to wash and dry them with a towel soaked with medicated soap. More attention should be paid to the cleaning and replacement of the stump cover.
(3) Pay attention to the cracks in the receiving cavity. In the inner surface of the resin receiving cavity, there will be small cracks and sometimes damage the prosthetic skin of the stump. It is easy to crack after cracks appear in the receiving cavity. In addition, when the dirt or resin attached to the receiving cavity deteriorates, it will often cause uneven scars on the surface of the smooth receiving cavity, especially when the upper end of the inner wall of the thigh suction receiving cavity is exposed to this situation, it will hurt the skin of the perineum, so more attention should be paid.
(4) If prosthesis is tenderness in the receiving cavity, it can be solved by hollowing out the pad of the tenderness part or filling the area around the tenderness part with felt.
(5) When the receiving cavity is loose, the method of adding the Stump socks (no more than three layers at most) shall be adopted first; if it is still too loose, a layer of felt can be pasted on the four walls of the receiving cavity to solve the problem. If necessary, replace the receiving cavity with a new one.
2. Maintenance of structural parts
(1) If prosthetic joint and joint of the prosthesis are loose, it will affect the use performance and make noise. Therefore, it is necessary to check the knee, ankle shaft screws and the fixing screws and rivets of the belt frequently and fasten them in time.
(2) When the metal shaft is not flexible or there is noise, the lubricating oil shall be filled in time. After being damped, it shall be dried in time and filled with oil for rust prevention.
(3) When there is abnormal sound, indicating that the prosthetic parts are damaged, it is necessary to find out the cause in time, carry out appropriate maintenance, and if necessary, go to the prosthetic factory (station) for repair. In particular, when using the skeletal lower limb prosthesis, the prosthetic joint and connecting parts should be repaired in time, and it is better to visit the prosthesis factory (station) regularly (for example, once every 3 months).