86-0311-68015506 ; 86-15032065295
Health care of amputees before fitting prosthesis leg
Skin care to keep your stump skin in good condition, you should do the following every night:
1. Wash residual skin with warm water and neutral soap.
2. Wash the stump thoroughly to prevent soap from irritating your skin. Do not soak the stump in warm water for a long time, as it can soften your skin and cause edema.
3. Dry skin thoroughly and avoid irritating factors such as hard friction.
1、Massage the stump gently several times a day, which will help to reduce the sensitivity of the stump and increase the tolerance of the stump to pressure.
2. Avoid shaving the skin of the stump or using detergent and skin cream, which may cause skin rash.
The stump was wrapped with elastic bandage to shrink and shape the stump, which was prepared for the assembly of prosthetic limb. With dry bandages, the stump should also be dry. Elastic bandages should be applied at all times (day and night), except when bathing, massaging stumps or exercising.
1. The elastic bandage should be wound obliquely instead of horizontal.
2. Do not wrap the end of the stump in one direction, which may cause skin wrinkles at the scar. Instead, cover the inside and outside of the limb alternately for continuous winding.
3. Continue to wrap in oblique shape, and the end of the stump should be wrapped firmly and pressurized as far as possible.
4. When winding to the thigh, the bandage pressure should be gradually reduced.
5. The bandage should extend above the knee joint, at least one circle above the knee bone.
6. Return to the knee joint. If there is any bandage left, it should end obliquely above the end of the stump. Fix the bandage with adhesive tape and avoid using pins. Rewind the stump every 3-4 hours. If the bandage slips or folds, it should be rewound at any time.
Treatment of elastic bandages using a clean elastic bandage can help prevent skin problems.
1. The elastic bandage should be cleaned after being used for more than 48 hours. Wash the elastic bandage by hand with neutral soap and warm water, and wash thoroughly with water. Don't strain the bandage.
2. Spread the elastic bandage on the smooth surface to dry, so as not to damage the elasticity. Avoid direct thermal radiation and sunlight exposure. Do not place in dryer; do not hang to dry.
Position yourself in the following position to allow full movement of your stump and maintain the correct position of the elastic bandage.
Whenever you lie on your back, you should take this position: lie on a hard bed, do not place pillows under the stumps, keep the stumps flat on the bed and extend the knees, and the legs should be together.
2. Prone position:
When you lie prone, you should take the following positions: lie on a hard board, keep your hips flat on the bed, extend your knees, and bring your legs together.
Avoid sitting for a long time. Pay attention to the following items when sitting: sit on a hard chair, keep your body straight and center of gravity fall on both hips. Lay the stump flat on another hard chair. Keep your knees straight and avoid crossing your legs.
Exercise in order to maintain or enhance muscle strength and elasticity, should be under the guidance of a physical therapist exercise stump. Remove the elastic bandage during exercise and keep normal breathing during exercise.
1. Hip flexion
Lift the stump toward the chest and bend the knee joint. The healthy leg is still flat on the bed, and then the knee joint of the remnant limb is stretched and flat on the bed, and then rest, and repeat this action several times.
2. Straight leg raising:
Straighten the knee joint on the side of the remnant limb and lift it towards the roof. Keep the healthy side of the leg flat on the bed, then put down the stump. Do not bend the knee while lifting or lowering the stump. Then take a break and repeat it several times.
3. Hip extension
First of all, bend both legs to the chest, hold the healthy side of the leg with your hand and press it to the chest, and lower the residual limb to the bed board and press it to the bed board to keep the knee joint straight. Keep this state for 5 breaths, then relax and repeat several times.
4. Isotension hip
Place a small towel roll under the end of the stump and press the towel down until the buttocks are off the bed. Hold this position for 5 breaths, then relax and repeat the exercise several times.
5. Adduction abduction of hip joint
Place the towel roll between the thighs, keep the stump as far away from the healthy side as possible, and make sure that the knee joint is facing the roof. Then retract the remnant limb, squeeze the towel roll, and repeat this action 5 times to rest.
6. Isometric abduction - adduction:
Place a towel roll between the thighs and tie the legs together with a band at least two inches wide. Try to force the legs apart and breathe in this position for five times. Then clamp the two legs on the towel roll and breathe five times in this position. Take a break and repeat the exercise.
7. Quadriceps training
Tighten the thigh muscles on the side of the stump, straighten the knee joint and press it to the bed board, so that the patella slides upward. Breathe 5 times in this position. Then relax and repeat the exercise.
8. Hip extension and knee flexion
In the prone position, the two legs are close together, the knee joint of the residual limb is bent, the thigh is lifted away from the bed board, and the hip is kept flat on the bed board, and the breath is maintained for 5 times. Then relax and repeat the exercise.
9. Hip and knee extension
In prone position, the legs should be straight and close together, and the residual limb should be lifted away from the bed board, and the knee joint should be kept straight. The hip should not leave the bed board. Hold this position for 5 breaths, then relax and repeat the exercise.
10. Gluteal muscle training:
Tighten your hips, keep breathing 5 times, then relax and repeat several times.
11. Knee flexion
Lie prone on the bed with both legs together and straight. The hip should not leave the bed surface. Bend the knee joint on the side of the stump and bend the knee as much as possible. Keep this movement for 5 breaths, then relax and repeat.
12.In the lateral position, raise the stump with the knee facing forward. Do not allow the hip joint to roll back and forth. Keep the stump up for 5 breaths, then rest and repeat exercise several times.
13. Hip extension:
In the lateral position, the residual limb should be forced to extend backward and keep the knee joint straight and the knee face forward. Don't let the hip roll back and forth. Keep breathing for 5 times. Rest and repeat the exercise several times.
14. Knee extension:
Sit in a hard chair with your upper body straight and your weight on your hips. Keep your thighs in contact with the chair and straighten your knees. Take five breaths. Relax and repeat the exercise several times.
Walk as much activity as possible, which will help maintain your muscle strength and fatigue resistance. Keep elastic bandage when walking.
1. If a walker is used:
Check your walker to make sure it is safe to use. Check if the rubber head on the top of the walker is worn. The legs of the walker should be kept at the same height. The stump should be close to the healthy leg and perpendicular to the ground. Keep your knees straight and don't rest on the walking aid bar.
2. If walking with crutches:
Check your crutches to make sure they are safe to use and check for wear on the top of your crutches. The handrail of crutches should be firm and there should be no loose screws on the crutches. Keep the stump close to the healthy leg and perpendicular to the ground. Keep your knees straight and don't rest on crutches.
1. Clean the stump every night.
2. Elastic bandage should be used for all time stumps.
3. Often repack the stump.
4. Clean elastic bandage frequently.
5. Walk as much as possible.
6. Exercise regularly to keep the stump strong and powerful.
7. Maintain the mobility of the stump in proper posture.
8. Keep the knee joint straight when walking, sitting and lying down.
1. Soak the stump.
2. Shave the stump.
3. Apply detergent on the stump.
4. Sitting for a long time.
5. In sitting position, the stump rests on the healthy side of the leg.
6. When sitting, put the stump on the armrest of the chair.
7. Rest the stump on crutches or walking aids.